Reduce Operations & Maintenance Costs
Vicinity focuses on the full life cycle of your energy system, so you can avoid costly expenses in the future.
Challenges to Reducing Energy O&M Costs
Increasingly sophisticated technologies, complex energy systems, regulatory requirements, human resource needs and fluctuations in energy supply and demand can drive up the cost of operating and maintaining (O&M) a facility. Managing energy infrastructure is multi-faceted, and includes:
- Human resources – including the recruitment, training, and retention of staff
- Management expertise – to achieve sustainability goals, capacity and reliability requirements
- Facilities management – adjusting to changes such as tenant and programmatic turn over
- Engineering – planning for infrastructure obsolescence and aging equipment that drives significant deferred maintenance
- Regulatory compliance – such as emissions of combustion equipment, licensing/ permitting requirements, and air quality requirements
- Utility and commodity costs – including electricity, fuels, chemicals and equipment supplies
Trust the Life of Your Energy Infrastructure to Vicinity
By outsourcing the management of energy infrastructure to Vicinity experts, our customers are minimizing their energy-related costs, maximizing efficiencies and devoting more focus to their core mission. Vicinity’s O&M services maximize your infrastructure investment by keeping building energy systems working at peak performance, both now and into the future.
Advantages to Partnering With Vicinity to Reduce Operations & Maintenance Costs
Emergency Response & Investigation
Despite taking proactive and preventive measures, sometimes equipment fails. While repairing and getting systems back into operation quickly is essential, it’s also extremely important to understand the cause of failure and implement the appropriate changes to O&M protocols to prevent repeat failures.
Vicinity’s Multi-Faceted Expertise
Over decades of owning, operating and maintaining energy plants and infrastructure across the country, we have a proven record of achieving operational efficiencies, not only for our own energy systems, but also those of our customers. Our success is based on a proactive approach, including reliability-centered maintenance, implementation of standard operating procedures, advanced metering and monitoring systems, computer aided economic dispatch modeling systems, and deployment of highly efficient and reliable systems and equipment.
Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
Economic Dispatch of Systems and Equipment
Vicinity can improve energy optimization through economic dispatch modeling that will yield the greatest generation and supply efficiencies and give you the lowest costs. We use a full life cycle model to inform equipment operation and total system performance based upon capacity requirements and efficiencies to reduce fuel, maintenance, and long-term life cycle capital expenses.
Articles, case studies, brochures and more.