On September 15, 2021, Vicinity hosted a virtual webinar to discuss the key energy challenges and opportunities in Massachusetts, where district energy fits into this, and how district energy can rapidly accelerate the decarbonization of buildings through the implementation of new and innovative energy technologies and approaches.
Vicinity’s large-scale district energy systems provide sustainable, resilient heating, cooling and sterilization to approximately 65 million square feet of building space comprised of commercial real estate, hospitals, life sciences, hospitality, and colleges and universities (approximately 10 percent of the city’s building stock). The aggressive decarbonization targets set by Massachusetts are leading us all to think hard about how we are going to achieve them in such a short period of time.
To lead Massachusetts through this next inflection point, we have refreshed our corporate strategy, making a formal commitment to decarbonize all of our operations by 2050. Learn more about our commitments to greening our operations to help property owners, developers and cities decarbonize quickly.
What You Will Learn:
- How Vicinity is influencing evolving city and state decarbonization plans in real-time.
- Vicinity’s Clean Energy Future roadmap and the new technologies we’re testing and exploring.
- The opportunity and benefits of electrification for wide-scale decarbonization.
- How Vicinity’s decarbonization plans impact customers.
- What you can expect from Vicinity as greening initiatives and policies evolve.
- Allison Porter, Director of Sales Operations, Vicinity Energy
- Bill DiCroce, President and CEO, Vicinity Energy
- Jackie Bliss, Chief Revenue Officer, Vicinity Energy